Roots to Crown was founded to provide a space for the growing health-conscious community in St. Pete to gather, connect, practice, and celebrate life.
During the days you will find scheduled a wide variety of embodiment classes and workshops to help you tap in, tune in, and turn on. You will find various yoga and conscious movement classes, martial arts, ecstatic dance, meditation, breathwork, and so much more.
Similar to a yoga studio, you will find many of the same offerings, but with a creative twist. Catch a Kundalini class with glow paint, or a yoga class paired with a DJ guiding the journey with etheric beats, or join us for our Sunday Dance Church, offering a full gambit of healing modalities.
In the evenings and on weekends, Roots transforms into an eclectic sober nightlife hotspot some have been calling a "conscious nightclub." In line with our health-conscious roots, we're offering early shows and maintaining a drug & alcohol-free space. Many events will also be family-friendly.
Roots to Crown Mission
Roots to Crown Vision
- Safe – We strive to create a safe container for all our members
- Community – We aim to create a supportive community environment where we uplift each other
- Fun – We enjoy the process
- Expression – We encourage our members to fully express themselves and their truth
- Impact – We empower our members to take meaningful action and create positive impact in their own lives and the lives of others.
Roots to Crown Community Standards
- This is a safe place where you are free to express yourself in a myriad of ways so long as it
doesn’t infringe on the freedom, peace, or safety of others. It is of utmost importance for us to
maintain a sense of safety here, together. If you ever feel unsafe, threatened, or in danger in any
way, please speak to the space holders.
- This is a drug-free space. Please do not bring any illegal drugs into the space. Plant medicines
are allowed so long as they don’t infringe on other’s freedom, peace, or safety i.e. no smoking
cannabis or other herbs within the venue. All our events are alcohol-free unless otherwise
- Please respect each other and our property. Violent, threatening, or aggressive behavior or
speech will not be tolerated. Please respect other’s personal space and boundaries. If you notice
anything broken or damaged within the space, or you yourself damage something please report
it to the space holders. If you notice any sort of inappropriate behavior or any violation of these
community standards, please report it to the space holders.
- Please respect our environment. Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Please bring your own water bottle
and make an effort to reduce waste by reusing cups and containers. Place clean recyclables into
their appropriate receptacles.
- We respect the privacy of our community members. We will never share your personal
information with 3rd parties, except when required by law, such as with a legal investigation. We
also request that our community members respect each other's privacy and do not share
specific information shared in confidentiality. This helps maintain a sense of safety and
- Consider leaving valuables in your car or at home. We do not take responsibility for lost or
stolen items. While most people here embody values of honesty and integrity, things do
occasionally go missing. You are responsible for your own belongings.
- Be respectful of others’ boundaries and practice getting energetic consent. If you are unsure if consent is present, ask. Many of our workshops and classes offer deep experiences of intimacy.
Please do not take these experiences personally.
- All our events are family-friendly unless otherwise noted. Please wear appropriate clothing and
be respectful of people of all ages and all walks of life.
- We believe in the integration of children and elders in our society and intend to be a model for
this. We allow children to be children and for adults to express their often-repressed
childlikeness. Please give each other the space and respect to explore expression, but also feel
free to speak up if things are getting out of hand. Our goal is to allow freedom of expression
while maintaining a sense of safety and respect between everyone.
- You are responsible for your own health and safety. Please communicate with your instructors
if you have any physical limitations and/or modify to your ability. By participating in our events,
you assume full responsibility of the risks, injuries, or damages that may occur.
- No Overnight stays are permitted. We are not able to accommodate overnight guests.
- The power of community is healing, transformative, and empowering. We believe it should be
accessible to anyone able to show up in a respectful, harmonious way. We offer many
donation-based and free events to ensure our space is accessible, but reciprocity is important.
If you are not a member, please make a donation within the suggested range for the event(s)
you attend and/or join our volunteer team.
Depending on the severity and number of offenses, violating these standards may result in being
asked to leave, temporary or permanent ban from the property and outside events, or legal
Roots to Crown Children’s Code of Conduct
We ask that all parents help their children to understand and adhere to the children’s
code of conduct. Please check in with your kids regularly and help to correct behavior
that may be disruptive to the flow of events.
- We believe in having fun and expressing ourselves, but always in a safe and respectful way.
- We ask that children respect each other, their personal space, and the property of the
- We care about the environment and encourage all children to reduce, reuse, and recycle.
It's important to respect others' boundaries and ask for consent before touching or playing with
- We encourage children to be kind, considerate, and helpful to one another.
- We expect children to use appropriate language and behavior, and avoid engaging in bullying,
name-calling, or teasing.
- Children should be mindful of the volume of their voices, and others’ personal space and not engage
in disruptive behavior, particularly during ceremonies or workshops.
- We promote honesty and expect children to take responsibility for their actions.
- We encourage children to be inclusive and embrace differences in others.
- We ask children to report any unsafe behavior or incidents to a trusted adult.